In honor of my thirtieth birthday today, I wanted to share a few (okay, is 30 still a few?) random facts about me. I thought it would be a fun way for you to get to know a little bit more about me. And to keep sharing a bit more about myself during this thirtieth trip around the sun, each month this year I’ll be sharing a new “30” list. 🙂
Thirty Random Facts About Me
- This whole parenthood thing is the best and most terrifying thing I’ve ever done.
- I can make a W with my tongue.
- I can’t snap with my left hand, only my right.
- My favorite food would probably be tacos, but I love all Mexican cuisine.
- I absolutely hate ketchup. But love salsa, will eat tomatoes, and will use cocktail sauce for shrimp.
- Top Gun is one of my all time favorite movies.
- I love the Harry Potter series, and they were the books that got me interested in reading when I was in the fourth grade.
- When I was in school I had glasses and braces at the same time – which was a really good look for me.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I have swam in both the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans.
- Justin signs all the cards we give for birthdays, anniversaries, etc., because I have terrible handwriting. He also is much better at wrapping presents than I am.
- I love printing photos, and try to do a family yearbook each year.
- Clowns absolutely terrify me, and have since I was little.
- I hate being the center of attention.
- Awkward is my default setting, and I am terrible at small talk.
- I am a terrible flyer who panics during take-off and landing, but I love to travel and see new places.
- I share a birthday with my Dad, and he was so hopeful Wynn would be late and share our birthday as well. Considering he was almost ten pounds and a week early, I can’t imagine how big he would have been if 9 days late.
- Crafts never turn out the way I envisioned them. I try so hard, but mainly end up with Pinterest fails so I tend to stick to photography and all things photo related. Justin is much more artistic than I am.
- I am a homebody and would much rather hang out at my house or somewhere quiet than go out.
- I love spicy food.
- My favorite season would probably be spring, with fall in a close second. Spring is just so refreshing and wonderful as warmth starts to seep back into the days.
- Root beer is my favorite soda pop, and I believe not all root beers are created equal.
- I love a good, lazy Sunday spent binge watching a TV series with my husband and our dogs. And now Wynn. 🙂
- I am a major caffeine addict, and had to cut down quite a bit while pregnant – and still with breastfeeding.
- When I was three and my sister was born, I asked my mom when we took Karley back to the hospital.
- I have ran four half marathons.
- My favorite color is a muted shade of minty teal – followed by all the neutrals.
- Gain detergent is one of my favorite smells.
- I love salty sweet snacks – Like Boom Chicka Pop dark chocolate drizzled kettle corn.
- I believe that family is the most important thing, and that you show up for the people you care about.
Want to get in touch?
I hope you enjoyed these thirty random facts about me! If you’d like to book your session or wedding, you can contact me at kelsey(at)kelseyalumbaugh(dot)com. Check out my Instagram @kelseyalumbaugh ! And like me on Facebook to see the latest blog posts. 🙂 If you’re curious about the investment, you can check that info out here, but please feel free to reach out so we can better address your photography needs.
January 5, 2020