That title, am I right? I mean, I know what you must be thinking. “You have favorite things about 2020?! Are you insane!?” But hear me out: even if this year has been a dumpster fire on the grander scale, there is always something to be thankful for, so make sure you appreciate it while you can.
Thirty favorite things about 2020
- Watching Wynn grow is my hands down, number one favorite thing about this year.
- Spending more quality time with family. There aren’t as many extracurriculars so we are spending more time together.
- Celebrating friends and family getting married! It may have looked different, but it’s always a good time.
- Preparing to welcome new babies into the family on my Dad’s side. 🙂
- Celebrating the birth of my best friend’s daughter.
- Getting asked to work with WedKC!
- Practicing film photography in the spring when I needed a creative outlet and sessions were still a no go.
- Watching my nephew play football. It was so nice to be able to go to his sporting events again!
- Taking the time to go visit extended family members so they could get to know Wynn.
- Spending so much time with my Grandma as she watched Wynn from March through this month. She had him on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- And on that note, seeing my sister and nephew multiple times a week as they watched him on Tuesdays and Thursdays.
- Taking Wynn to the golf course was always fun. He loves being outside and he would nap just about anywhere so it all worked out well.
- Remember January and February, pre pandemic? Weren’t those some fun months.
- Target runs with Wynn as we’d go out exploring during maternity leave.
- Taking Wynn for stroller walks on nice days and getting some fresh air.
- Weekly family dinners.
- Sharla’s bachelorette party and getting to spend some time with her celebrating her upcoming wedding.
- Introducing Wynn to solid food was so wonderfully hilarious and messy, and he loves to eat.
- Keaston’s birthday party – always a highlight of any year. 🙂
- Playing with Wynn in his blow up baby pool.
- Watching Wynn’s love of water grow as he learned to splash and kick during bathtime.
- The Chief’s winning the Superbowl. Even if I cried while trying to nurse Wynn, and passed out halfway through the fourth quarter (those newborn months are rough), it’s still a highlight.
- Justin and I celebrating our first Mother’s and Father’s days.
- Having time to focus on photography education.
- Taking Wynn’s monthly photos and making it a priority to do on the 20th of every month.
- Taking summer family photos.
- Doing fun outfits for Wynn for the holidays.
- Grocery pick up. Might seem odd, but it is such an amazing time saver when you’re already burning the candle at both ends.
- Finding a bunch of great podcasts to listen to while driving.
- And, hearing Wynn say Mama for the first time. It was magical.
Want to get in touch?
I am so excited you found me! Just so you to know your email is going to make my day, and I’ll probably do a little happy dance when it hits my inbox. I love email because it helps me keep all our important conversations in one place versus spreading the conversation out over email, text, Instagram DMs, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etc. You can expect to hear from me within 24 hours. You can contact me here, or just shoot me an email at email@example.com
September 25, 2020