There are so many details that go into planning a wedding, and every bride puts value on different things. For me (other than getting some amazing wedding photos – of course), I wanted the dance floor to be outside and to dance the night away with a great DJ. I wanted amazing wedding party photos of us with our favorite people. It was important for me that the details I so painstakingly picked out were documented. For others, their flowers, stationary, or venue might be the most important.
Your invitation may not seem like something you would need on your wedding day – and if it is, that is amazing! However, I want to tell you why I really want to photograph it.
Four reasons I want to photograph your wedding invitation
- You spent time picking it out. It is the first impression you gave many of your guests for your wedding day. It deserves a moment to shine. Especially if you hired someone to create custom wedding stationery (which I think is AMAZING) or calligrapher to address envelopes. I really want to tell the whole story of your day. That often begins with the invitation and rings. 🙂
- I like to use my bride’s invitations for the large suite shot, earrings, and multiple ring shots. All of the details that a bride took the time to plan deserve to be photographed as part of the story of the day.
- The invitation can play a big role in the bridal detail shots. This is especially true if the invites are neutral in color and have beautiful script or serif fonts!
- The invitation isn’t just another detail shot, but it is a great way to add a common element to multiple photos and connect them to tell a story. The invitation gets used for multiple ring and jewelry shots and makes it so easy to pair images for the blog and for a wedding album.
Ways to make your wedding invitation and detail photos even more phenomenal?
- Ring boxes
- Plenty of time for detail photos
Your wedding invitation can have a big impact on your detail photos. I would love to photograph it, even if it isn’t your most important detail. 🙂
Want to get in touch?
I am so excited you found me! Just so you to know your email is going to make my day, and I’ll probably do a little happy dance when it hits my inbox. I love email because it helps me keep all our important conversations in one place versus spreading the conversation out over email, text, Instagram DMs, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etc. You can expect to hear from me within 24 hours. You can contact me here, or just shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Wanna save this for later?! Pin the image below!! 📌
Originally published March 2, 2018 and published on blog February 1, 2021 without YouTube video..
July 12, 2021