Wynn’s eighth month was so much fun, and as usual went by way too fast. Socially, and with how much we usually do in a summer, time is crawling. But, with Wynn – he’s growing so fast and learning so much. Time could slow down a bit for me if it wanted to. That would be cool.
We visited with my Mema and Papa a few times, and they just love getting to see him. Right now, he’s crawling every where, and loves to test his volume and make new sounds. Every time we go over it’s like he gets to show them a new trick.
We also spent a Saturday with my Dad’s side of the family. Wynn loves his cousins! He thinks kids are the coolest, and tries to climb on them. We celebrated Noelle and Will’s engagement, shared a meal, and just spent time together. It was such a good day. Random other memories or milestones from the month are listed below, and I hope you enjoy the photos! My baby is growing up so fast.
Wynn’s eighth month memories
- Wynn is constantly exploring new sounds and testing his volume. This month he has really been working on that “ga” sound constantly and almost growling at times. And, sometimes that growling just sounds like he’s gargling spit.
- He can say Mama, but I don’t think he knows what he’s saying yet. And he often says it when he’s upset.
- When he drinks from his water cup, he holds on to both handles and chicken wings his little arm all about while banging the cup on his high chair tray.
- Wynn loves poop kisses, and even tries to do them while I am nursing. He poop kisses my shoulder, neck, cheek … he just loves to blow poop kisses. Also known as blowing raspberries.
- Lately, he feels the need to grab his toes while nursing or perform other acrobatics that have no place being performed while he’s latched.
- Wynn loves knocking down towers. We will make a few of them distanced apart so that he will crawl around to knock them over.
- He like to tuck his top lip in and makes fun faces and noises as he crawls around.
- Wynn loves the vacuum. He will watch me vacuum from his activity center, but he also likes when I wear him. He’ll put his little hand on top of mine while I’m holding the vacuum.
- He loves to eat! Baby led feeding has been going great, and the only thing he’s been questionable about is raspberries. He has actually started eating food versus just tasting it. Wynn has had eggs, toast, peanut butter, almond butter, shrimp, salmon, chicken, beef, bananas, avocados, sweet potatoes, and so much more. He gets so excited when we put him in the high chair. Wynn also loves puffs and yogurt melts. And he’ll also do this little dance when he wants more/another bite. His favorite foods have been tacos, peanut butter toast, applesauce, shrimp, and cheese.
- Wynn likes to hang onto our hands to walk around. He can pull himself up and will just turn around like he’s going to take off walking. He also likes to use this dinosaur that was Keaston’s so he can walk by himself.
- We have been working on baby sign language. Recognizes some signs, like milk and all done.
- He loves facing out in the carrier. He smiles and talks and wiggles all about. Wynn really likes holding my hands while he faces out and we walk around.
- Wynn is just so happy. He is almost always in a good mood, and so quick to smile.
- I love when I walk into a room and he smiles when he sees me!
- He has been starting to have some separation anxiety, and cries if I leave.
- Wynn really loves bath time, but he also likes showers. I think he likes how the water feels on his back.
- He is starting to try to pet the dogs so we are working on soft hands. He does pretty good, and we have made sure he doesn’t just grab a handful of their face hair.
- Wynn can stand in his crib, even in his sleep sack. He likes to bite the rails so we are looking into rail covers.
- When he is sleepy he tucks his arms in and lays his head on my shoulder.
- In the morning he loves to give hugs and cuddles when he first gets out of his crib.
- I make a protein shake in the morning, and he has to hold my shaker bottle or the haakaa as we head back into the nursery for his feeding. He likes to help.
- He still loves being outside and going for walks, and swimming. Wynn had so much fun when we attended a friend’s birthday pool party!
- Lately he likes to whisper and make “puh” sound, especially as he walks around while holding hands or behind the dinosaur.
- He just makes the best faces. 🙂
- Wynn was great with family photos even when we used a tripod, which was surprising.
- And lastly, he gets so proud when he does something all by himself, like stand or get the slippery food into his mouth. The smile he gives is just beaming and it makes me so incredible happy.
Want to get in touch?
If you’d like to book your session or wedding, you can contact me at kelsey(at)kelseyalumbaugh(dot)com. Check out my Instagram @kelseyalumbaugh ! And like me on Facebook to see the latest blog posts. 🙂 If you’re curious about the investment, you can check that info out here, but please feel free to reach out so we can better address your photography needs.
September 1, 2020