Here we are, celebrating one year and Mr & Mrs. This past year has flown by so fast. I cannot believe we have already been married for a year! Well, a year and one day, now. 😉
Things I have learned
Don’t get upset about the little things (like not putting a trash bag back in the hamper) because I probably do a ton of little things that drive him nuts also. We aren’t perfect. Learning to laugh about the things that might frustrate us is a great way to keep our relationship healthy.
Communication is key. So obvious, I know. And we got plenty of advice before our wedding saying the same thing. But it really is! We talk about everything from frustrating days to what we are having for dinner that week to what plans we are making. Sometimes I feel like we over communication, but I’d rather overshare than one of us be upset for not knowing something later.
1. Traveling. Other than our honeymoon, we went to Seattle, Washington and St. Paul, Minnesota this year!
2. Our traditions. Decorating for Christmas or weekend grocery shopping or randomly running errands and calling it a day date – all of these little things make me so happy.
3. Making Justin try a bit of the year-old cake from our freezer. (Joke.)
Real number 3: Any chance we have to spend time together. It doesn’t matter if it’s sitting on the couch, going to a game or at a family event; he’s just my favorite person to be around.
Justin’s favorite moments
- Honeymoon – Italy was amazing.
- Making plans for our future house 🙂
- Just being married. (How sweet is this?!)
Want to get in touch?
If you’d like to book your session or wedding, you can contact me at kelsey(at)kelseyalumbaugh(dot)com. Check out my Instagram @kelseyalumbaugh ! And like me on Facebook to see the latest blog posts. 🙂 If you’re curious about the investment, you can check that info out here, but please feel free to reach out so we can better address your photography needs. Want to do better about printing your photos? Sign up for my newsletter to get in on a four-day challenge to help you make the most out of your photos this year!
October 8, 2018