I love, love, love sparkler exit or reception exit photos! They are so much fun and such a great way to end your wedding gallery and album. So, without further ado, here are 7 tips to keep in mind when planning your big exit!
7 tips to nail your big exit on your wedding day
- Have you thought about planning a faux exit? This way you can “exit” your wedding at the end of your photography time and then go back to the party so you don’t have to pay for extra coverage until the end of the reception. You can use your wedding party and family for this instead of having all the guests stop partying.
- Have your wedding party and family closest to the photographer so they are the ones surrounding you if you are waiting until the end of the night.
- Plan to light the sparklers closest to the camera last so that they will still be lit when you get to the end of the line. 🙂
- Make sure when people line up they allow plenty of room for you guys to walk – we don’t want to light anyone on fire!
- Have the wedding party and family cheering and celebrating the whole time you’re walking and tell them to really get into it! If you’re waiting until the end of the night, if the family and wedding party are doing this then one: they are closest to the photographer so that will be awesome, and two: the rest of the guests will follow their lead.
- Bride and groom – remember don’t sprint! Give your photographer time to make sure the shot is set up and that they get you in focus! With how little light there will be during the sparkler exit, our cameras can have a hard time keeping up sometimes. We just want to make sure we are all set to ensure that your images are perfect.
- When you get towards the end of the sparklers it is the perfect time for a dip kiss! Hold it for a beat – no need to rush! And then slowly pull away, nose to nose and smiling so big BECAUSE YOU ARE MARRIED AND IT HAS BEEN AN AMAZING DAY!
If I’m with you on your big day I will for sure help with all 7 tips to nail your big exit on your wedding day, but just in case – I hope these seven tips help you get the exit photos of your dreams! You can subscribe by clicking here, and there are new videos posted every Monday! If you’re looking for some tips to help you plan a stress free wedding day timeline, i’ve put that link below. 🙂 See you next week!!
Want to get in touch?
Hopefully, you found these 7 tips to nail your big exit on your wedding day helpful! I am so excited you found me! Just so you to know your email is going to make my day, and I’ll probably do a little happy dance when it hits my inbox. I love email because it helps me keep all our important conversations in one place versus spreading the conversation out over email, text, Instagram DMs, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etc. You can expect to hear from me within 24 hours. You can contact me here, or just shoot me an email at email@example.com
May 24, 2021