You’ve invested in and now have your gorgeous heirloom wedding album, but how do we make sure it will last for all those years and generations we’ve talked about? I want to give you some simple and easy to implement tips to make sure everything is being taken care of so that album can be here for a long time to come.
If you haven’t already, you can watch this video to see why I think albums are so important!
Now, for those tips!! A few of these come from the album company itself – and they are experts when it comes to albums so who better to go to for advice?!
10 quick tips to care for your album
- Make sure to store it flat to protect the spine.
- You don’t want to rest anything heavy on the album, so don’t stack a bunch of other books or albums on top of it,
- Do your best to not get the pages wet. If you do, please make sure to dry them quickly and let the book dry before closing it. If you close the book with wet pages, they could stick together when they dry and rip when you go to separate the pages.
- Please know extreme heat and humidity will affect the book, so it’s best to store albums in a temperature- and humidity-controlled environment.
- If you need to wipe off the pages – like to remove fingerprints – use a soft cloth.
- Avoid cleaning solvents or water which could cause damage when wiping down your pages.
- If you do get something on the pages, you can try to get it off with water or Goo-Gone, but just remember to let those pages dry before closing your album.
- The leather or linen covers can be cleaned with a damp, clean rag. If the leather is scuffed, you can try rubbing lightly with your fingers.
- Make sure people know that the heirloom albums have thick pages. We had some family members trying to separate the pages thinking they were stuck together. Click like if you know some people who might do this.
- Don’t be afraid to display it, but just remember that constant, direct sunlight exposure can cause fading – as it does with most things.
And if you’re curious about what makes an album heirloom quality you can watch this video here! I hope these tips will help you keep your album in great condition for all the generations to come! You can subscribe by clicking right here and new videos are posted every Monday! See you next week. 🙂
Want to get in touch?
I am so excited you found me! Just so you to know your email is going to make my day, and I’ll probably do a little happy dance when it hits my inbox. I love email because it helps me keep all our important conversations in one place versus spreading the conversation out over email, text, Instagram DMs, Facebook Messenger, Snapchat, etc. You can expect to hear from me within 24 hours. You can contact me here, or just shoot me an email at email@example.com
May 10, 2021