Hey guys! So today’s post is about file sharing and making sure you get the best experience possible. I have been lucky enough to never have a client ask me for these, but just wanted to explain why I might say something like “Wow, I’ve taken 400 photos.” and you only end up with 150 in your gallery. I promise, I am giving you all the photos that are up to muster – and I’m not trying to keep it under a certain photo amount. Read on for some reasons why I don’t give out RAW files or every photo from a session.
1. Not every photo is a keeper. Sometimes I will catch someone talking, sneezing, blinking, etc., and those don’t go into the final gallery.
2. If there are duplicates, you don’t need 10 photos of the same facial expression and pose – those photos don’t all make the cut. I choose the BEST one or two to deliver to you.
3. Sometimes I miss focus. *Shrug* It happens. I get to moving too fast, forget to move the focal point for the first couple of photos and have to recompose to make sure I capture your shining faces just right. 🙂
4. RAW files can only be read by photo editing software. They won’t open on your phone or anywhere else, and they are huge files.
5. RAW files are not always pretty. They are unedited and very flat. If I show you the back of the camera, the display is a JPEG preview of the photo. The image on my SD card is much different, and it won’t look like everything else in your gallery.
6. Part of what you’re paying me for is to edit the photos and get the style that you want. There’s a reason I don’t just hand over all the unedited photos from your session or wedding day. It’s a ton of images to go through. I want to give you the photos where you look your best (not mid-sneeze). You deserve to have a gallery full of images you love, not half you love and the other 50 percent leaving you questioning why that photo was taken.
I hope this helps to answer some any questions you may have about your final gallery total!
Want to get in touch?
If you’d like to book your session or wedding, you can contact me at kelsey(at)kelseyalumbaugh(dot)com. Check out my Instagram @kelseyalumbaugh ! And like me on Facebook to see the latest blog posts. 🙂 If you’re curious about the investment, you can check that info out here, but please feel free to reach out so we can better address your photography needs.